Ending poverty, reducing inequalities and tackling climate change – these objectives are all part of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) introduced by the UN in 2015. As a company, Energy Floors aims to contribute to SDG 7: ensure access to affordable and clean energy for all. Do you want to help too? Here are some simple actions you can take to contribute to this goal.
SDG 7: Clean and affordable energy for all
So what is SDG 7 all about? It aims to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. This also entails an improved energy efficiency as well as an increase in the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix. The Global Goals and their specific targets are to be achieved by 2030. For this, a joint effort from government, corporation as well as the public is required.
How can you help?
Getting involved might be easier than you think… Here are some simple actions you can take to contribute to SDG 7:
– Turn off the lights when you are not using them.
– Also turn off the devices you are not using: they might use energy just by being plugged in. You can also save electricity by plugging them into a power strip which can be turned off completely.
– Consider washing your clothes at lower temperatures.
– Let your hair and clothes air dry instead of using electrical devices.
– Avoid pre-heating the oven if you don’t need a precise baking temperature.
– Recycle batteries – wrong recycling of batteries can cause soil contamination or water pollution.
– Use air-conditioning and heating moderately.
– Replace old devices with more energy efficient models, this also goes for light bulbs.
– Make your home more sustainable: consider improving the insulation of your home to increase energy efficiency or install solar panels as a source of renewable energy.
Raising energy awareness
Raising awareness regarding energy production and energy consumption also plays a vital role in creating a more sustainable world. Think that’s hard? Again, it’s easier than you think:
– Share interesting posts on social media.
– Voice your opinion through campaigns or petitions to push the energy transition in your country.
– Download the App SDGs in Action to get news on the SDGs, join sustainable actions near you or create your own events.
– Take part in initiatives such as from the Earth Day Network.
With the simple actions above you cannot only contribute to spreading awareness but change your own energy consumption too. That way you can create real impact and contribute to SDG 7: ensuring clean and affordable energy for all.
Visit globalgoals.orgto read more about getting involved with the Global Goals.